Springbrook State Park (Guthrie Center): Loading Price...
Springbrook State Park (Guthrie Center)
The University of Iowa Wildlife Camps are coming back to Springbrook State Park! The camp will get students learning, exploring, and growing in the outdoors through a blend of conservation education and adventure recreation. The camp is open to students entering grades 3rd –7th. Students will be grouped by age. If a camper wants to join another camper in a different age grouping, please let staff know on the first day and we will accommodate that request.
• Learn about the wildlife of Springbrook State Park including mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles, fish, and insects.
• Engage in outdoor recreational activities to explore the woodlands, wetlands, prairies, and other natural habitats of Springbrook State Park.
• Learn about the park’s natural and human histories by exploring the unique features of the park.
Activities and topics may include:
• Exploring the Lakes, Streams, and Wetlands in the Park
• Discovering Life in the Forest
• Searching for Iowa’s Raptors and Birds
• Basic Camping and Survival Skills
• Exploring our Prairies
• Searching for Mammals, Snakes, Turtles, Frogs, and Insects
• Hitting the Target with Atlatls and/or Bows and Arrows
• Paddling Adventures and/or other Water Activities
• The camp will be held at Springbrook State Park.
• Drop-off is between 7:45 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. at the Beach Shelter.
• Pick-up is between 3:30 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. at the same location.
• Families will receive a refund minus the non-refundable processing fee ($50.00) if canceling 4 weeks prior to the start of camp attending.
• Refunds will not be issued for no-shows.
• If you need to cancel, please call Jeanette Luke at 319-335-9294 and complete the online refund request form.
• The Director reserves the right to dismiss any camper whose choices or conduct becomes detrimental to the program, other participants or themselves. No refunds will be made for dismissed campers.
We understand that a medical issue or unplanned emergency may cause a camper the inability to attend camp.
• Please call Jeanette Luke at 319-335-9294 and complete the online refund request form.
• A refund may be requested minus the non-refundable ($50.00) processing fee per camp session for each participant not attending.
Registration questions: call Jeanette Luke at 319-335-9294 or email her at email@example.com.
Camp questions: email Jay Gorsh at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no offerings available at this time